- This event has passed.
Get Your Taxes Done for Free!
February 17 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This is the second of FOUR sessions provided by The Eastern Maine CA$H Coalition at Peavey Library for low to mid-income individuals to seek assistance with filing their taxes. Taxes will be prepared off-site by IRS certified tax preparers. Volunteers will be available to assist with intake on Monday, February 17, from 2:00-7:00 pm (with pick-up for completed taxes on Monday, February 24, from 2:00-5:00 pm)
Clients must call the library to make an appointment, and need to bring all required materials with them. A maximum of 30 minutes is allotted per person, so it is necessary to have your paperwork in order prior to arriving for your appointment. To make and appointment, and get a list of necessary materials, please call the library, 853-4021.
What each tax client should bring:
1. Photo ID for both husband and wife. (both must attend each session to sign forms.)
2. Original social security card or ITIN for everyone listed on tax return.
3. Copy of last year’s tax return
4. All W-2 wage statements for 2019, 1099 SSA, 1099-R & 1099-G (if received), Cash income amount & work expenses.
5. 1095 Health coverage form
6. Direct deposit information
7. Property Tax Bill (not receipts where paid, actual bill)
8. Any other documents they have received concerning 2019 tax season.
Additional sessions will be held on: Monday, March 2, 2:00-7:00 pm, and Monday, March 16, 2:00-7:00 pm